The Residenza Belli Rome is in an unbeatable location in one of the most famous and vibrant districts of Rome. Not only that, but the great transport links mean that guests are only moments away from all of the main tourist attractions.
Take the direct train or coach to the Termini station and from there bus line H or 75 (19 stops). From Ciampino (CIA) airport - take the public bus to the Anagnina subway station and then on to Termini station. Alternatively you can direct a direct coach to Termini. From there take bus line H or 75 (19 stops). Get off at the Ministero Della Pubblica Istruzione station.
Take the public bus to the Anagnina subway station and then on to Termini station. Alternatively you can direct a direct coach to Termini. From there take bus line H or 75 (19 stops). Get off at the Ministero Della Pubblica Istruzione station.
On arrival to Termini station, take bus line H or 75 disembarking at the 'Ministero Della Pubblica Istruzione' stop
Perhaps for this reason, the area is very lively with a plethora of restaurants, bars and cafes for visitors to while away the hours in a fantastic atmosphere. However, Trastevere is more than just picturesque streets and great restaurants; there are also some fantastic sights to see here to including:
• Basilica of Santa Maria in Trastevere - one of the oldest churches in Rome with the first sanctuary dating back to 221 AD. The interior contains some stunning 13th century golden mosaics and the Basilica is truly one of the treasures of Rome.
• Botanical Gardens in Trastevere - some peaceful and shady Roman botanical gardens to relax and enjoy nature
• Church of St Cecilia - Dating back to the 5th century, this church was rebuilt in the 9th century with much splendour and is closely associated with music due to the association with St Cecilia (the patroness saint of music) with concerts often held here.
• Villa Farnesina - A renaissance villa adorned with beautiful frescoes by the artistic master - Raphael.
• Isola Tibertina - There is a gorgeous little island in the River Tiber at one end of Trastevere that is lovely and also the home of the Church of St Bartholomew which contains relics of this apostle
Adjacent to Trastevere is the Janiculum Hill - one of the 7 great hills of Rome and a place with lots of restaurants and cafes but much quieter than Trastevere. On the top of the hill is a large garden containing busts of the Italian revolutionaries that look out over fantastic views of Rome. Worth visiting for the views alone.
Within easy walking distance, guests can also reach:
• The Mouth of Truth at the Church of S. Maria in Cosmedin - just after the Isola Tibertina
• Circus Maximus - just behind the Mouth of Truth
• Imperial Roman Forum - to the left of the Mouth of Truth
• Campo di Fiori - a short walk through
• Piazza Trilussa and across the river via Ponte Sisto
• Piazza Navona - just across from Campo di Fiori
• Works of Caravaggio in the church of S. Luigi di Francese - just behind Piazza Navona
• The stupendous Pantheon - just beyond the works of Caravaggio